Thursday, April 21, 2011

Small modifications

During the oil change of the diffs and gearbox, my mechanic had a real difficult time to unscrew the bolt for draining the gearbox. It was not easy to reach it because of the rear metal protection plate. So he cut and bend a small area, in such a way that permits easy access to the drain bolt.


The second issue was with the power steering. After changing the power steering pump, the thin metal tubes running from the back of the van to the front, snapped because of the pressure and the rust. We changed them with new rubber tubes, since they are much more strong and better functional. Plus the metal original tubes were almost impossible to find and very expensive. It is hard to see it in the next picture, but you can see the metal pipe on the left side running from the top of the picture, ending to the new rubber tube (replacing the part that broke) at the bottom side of the picture.


Finally as I was taking pictures I realized that the CV boot protectors of the front wheels are missing:) I actually knew this but now I have pictures to prove it. I need to find new ones and replace them.


No comments:

Post a Comment